Few Facilities Managers realise they can significantly upgrade their visitor management if they have Office 365! In today’s blog, we will cover what is Microsoft visitor management and how it works with the following topics:
- What is an Office 365 visitor management system?
- Do you know Office 365 is a powerful tool for visitor management?
- Benefits of Microsoft visitor management system
- The process of Microsoft-based Office 365 visitor management
- Download a FREE visitor management guide tailored for your persona
What is Office 365 Visitor Management system
An Office 365 Visitor Management System means the software integration of office 365 and your visitor management system.
At the age of using Microsoft Teams or Zoom for working from home, Office 365 software’s most powerful email and meetings productivity tool strengthened itself during the pandemic with 100m daily users of teams.
However, few Facilities Managers realise they can dramatically upgrade their visitor management, if, like 85% of Enterprises, they have Office 365. The facilities manager has often equipped himself/herself with tools that help them manage their workplace facilities, one of them Condeco Software integrates deeply into Microsoft.
Most facilities managers use Condeco for either:
- Meeting Room Management
- Or latterly, Desk Booking Software
Do you know Office 365 is a powerful tool for visitor management?
The Feature is called Condeco exchange sync – Capturing 100% of visitor details entered in Microsoft Office 365 or their meeting room booking system.
- Those facilities that have both Condeco and Office 365 tend to use them both for creating Meeting Room bookings.
- Preferring Office 365 for a simple meeting invite and to select a Room (often using the Condeco Outlook Add-in)
- And Condeco for complex bookings, requiring cleaning, catering, video services and car parking for visitors.
- Both booking approaches have to synchronise as they both use “Meeting Room Resources” in Office 365.
- What most facilities teams DO NOT KNOW is as part of that synchronisation the visitor email address is kept in both systems and synchronised.
- That enables Condeco to produce a crude visitor list for the reception.
That list is useful as it saves staff notifying reception.
Microsoft visitor management system = Condeco API integration and Vpod visitor management system
Benefits of Microsoft visitor management system
1. A simple, branded meeting invite straight from your Outlook
The simple email invite has several attributes that help the visitor:
- A great Google map for their smartphone with the building highlighted
- The host details
- The ability to pre-register visitors and complete self-health certification
- At the bottom is a QR code that Vpod’s Vgreet visitor management kiosk recognises to enable the visitor check-in in 3 seconds.
BUT That’s not all Vpod’s Microsoft visitor management system does!
2. Touchless features to streamline Visitor Check In
Touchless check-in uses a combination of facial recognition, motion sensors, temperature screening, and voice recognition.
Along with the other features listed above, the visitors pass prints and you’re checked in 3 seconds
- The Condeco integration advises your room details for your meeting
- And the interactive maps on how to get there and the floor layout to find amenities
- In the meantime, your host is told you have arrived via SMS and Email
3. A Visitor Experience upgrade
Every visitor type’s experience can be customised and catered for every enterprise-grade need and can be accommodated with ease. Upgrading your visitor’s experience with partners that are best in class, gives you the ability to scale and stay at the forefront of each respective field.
Features of Microsoft Office 365 visitor management system
So here’s a quick walkthrough of the process of Microsoft-based Office 365 visitor management.
1. Meeting host books the meeting in office 365
No change is required in the IT department
No new Microsoft workflows to learn
2. The visitor email addresses are in the Outlook invite
3. The Visitor email addresses in Condeco populate the visitor log.
4. A branded meeting invite
The invite includes your companies brand details:
- Google Maps
- The host’s contact details
- Calendar link
- QR Code for Express check-in
- Visitor pre-registration
5. The visitor details have populated the Vgreet’s kiosk
6. Touchless check-in
7. QR Code check-in
A QR code is scanned to check in followed up with a temperature scan your through in 7 seconds
8. Visitor Pass
Your pass is printed
You take it from the Vgreet printer slot
9. Automatic client arrival notification
Your host is notified by SMS or Email
10. Show your direction to the meeting room
$37billion was lost in unproductive meetings! Vgreet visitor management system shows you the meeting room you are booked into on an interactive map.
Your Meeting starts on time.
So how has the Microsoft, Condeco, Proxyclick and Vgreet integration improved Visitor Management?
1. No workflow change
Firstly, none of the stakeholders in the business has had to change a single Microsoft workflow which will keep them all happy – ie no training required, switch on the integrations and hey presto, your visitor receives a VERY DIFFERENT upgrade experience.
2. It’s a WOW first impression, every time!
Secondly, your visitor’s first impression just transformed, with no more reactive delays at front of house, an intuitive journey started with their invite.
3. Upgrade your customer service
Thirdly, your facilities management options just increased dramatically, you can cut the heads behind reception, re-tasking them. Or upgrade one of them to the concierge and re-purpose savings to invest in Vgreet or Condeco and Vgreet depending on your circumstances.
4. Make work easier for stakeholders
Fourth, stakeholders in your organisation are going to welcome the flexibility of the Microsoft visitor management system:
- Marketing will appreciate that even the invites are “On Brand”
- Legal will thank you that every health and safety box can be ticked and audited.
- Security will thank you for the “visitor blacklist checks” you just happened to be able to implement.
- Security won’t welcome the Access barrier control you can now enable on the visitor pass (upgrade) at first, they’ll see risk everywhere, then they’ll actively endorse it when they see the control you can design into the system for contractors, visitors, VIP’s all capable of different journeys and access control.
- Human Resources battling with employee return to the office and adding value to the workplace will thank you for the risk of contamination you just removed. However, you just handed them a visible workplace upgrade “A Safer Workplace” that delivers a great message for them to transmit.
- Human Resources will also thank you for not turning the workplace into a hazard area with tape, screens and signs everywhere, reminiscent of a biohazard lab!
- Finance will be delighted with the cost reduction and return on investment.
- Employees will be delighted that their customers now get a reliable repeatable great 1st impression.
Want to know more about how this can help your organisation? Click to download our free visitor management guides tailored for your persona
- The ultimate guide to Visitor Management Systems.
- Calculate the ROI with Vgreet yourself
- Click here to download our free and tailored visitor management guide for your person
Interested in improving your visitor management? Contact us