How does Microsoft access visitor management system work? Why should visitor management system integrate with Office Access Control Systems? In the last blog, we covered the quantum leap of the benefits associated with integrating Microsoft and visitor management systems.
However, you can go further to improve your building’s security! The covered topics are:
- Microsoft Access Visitor Management system with Condeco
- 3 ways of visitor access management: The relationship between office access control and visitor management system
- 6 Benefits of the visitor management system and access control integration
- The value equation
Microsoft Access Visitor Management system
First, let’s recap what does Microsoft access visitor management system mean. Managing your visitors with Microsoft has the following features:
- Users can book the meeting in Microsoft office 365
- The visitor email addresses are in the Outlook invite and create digital visitor logs
- A branded and customised visitor invite is generated and sent from Outlook with a QR code for visitor check in
- The visitor details have populated the visitor management system, and your reception team is fully aware of expected visitors, and meeting changes without rekeying in the visitor details to check visitors in.
Upgrade building security: 3 ways of office access control
An access control system controls visitors’ access to your building or restricts certain areas for different types of visitors. How efficient is your visitor access management? There are three existing ways for businesses.
1. Visitor access control on a paper-based visitor book
First, many organisations use office access control systems, RFID office access such as key cards or fobs for employees to access certain rooms for office access control, or paper-based visitor books for contractors and visitors. In this way, it seems like the security problem is tackled, and you know who has visited your building. However, these problems are unsolved:
- Visitor management GDPR compliance – paper-based visitor book will put visitor’s data at risk
- More manual tasks – the reception team have to manually sign visitors out
- You don’t know where the visitors at
2. Using Visitor Management System and Access Control System in isolation
Some organisations use building access control systems OR a visitor management solution separately. However, they cannot:
- Have real-time visitor monitoring who is in your building, or where they are exactly.
- Track building usage.
- Have an insight into which area is busy, putting the business at risk of failing to meet social distancing guidelines.
- Ensure their service efficiency, business reputation can be potentially damaged
Managing your office’s safety and visitors means you have to go from one system to another. Do these issues sound familiar to you?
3. Visitor Management System and Access Control Integration
Research has pointed out the improved security level and a more flexible office access control with the integration of visitor management systems and access control systems. This is the third way – Putting both of the solutions in the same system will significantly improve workplace efficiency, and bring your visitor and staff’s security to the next level.
While finding a solution to ensure building security, improving operational efficiencies is also, particularly scrutiny. Let’s explain how you can now add office access control, or for those not in facilities, this means you can enable the barrier access to control visitor’s entry too.
You can manage visitors with apps and iPad, but what they can’t achieve is full integration with other systems in your building. Vgreet digital visitor management system comes fully loaded with Proxyclick and leads the world in Visitor Access Control System Intellectual Property.
It means you can identify visitors against a database of blacklisted visitors and therefore put in the first control on the preventative side of removing access to your office.
6 Benefits of integrating visitor management system and access control system for your office
1. Customise your visitor’s entry
An Integrated Office Access Control System means visitor movements can be tracked and different levels of entry can be managed easily with your visitor entry management system.
With a Microsoft access visitor management system, you can customise different entry levels for visitors entering your building can be:
To name just a few, an office access control system can give different permission to different levels of visitor entry:
- Employees – you might enable their QR code to work with the Access Barriers
- Contractors – you might restrict to certain floors
- Suppliers have access to floors like Catering to one floor
- Cleaners to all floors but only out of hours
- This becomes extremely helpful for multi-tenant buildings where your QR code can only access certain levels
2. Real-time visitor monitoring and digital tracking of your visitors
Visitor management systems manage visitor’s access through:
- Make sure each visitor check-in is being digitally tracked.
- Make sure each visitor is digitally “marked” with access to past barriers or not.
- Being aware of visitors’ locations. If visitors are in their meeting room or if they have left the building.
3. 24/7 Building Security
Vgreet digital visitor management system gives you 24/7 access control without the need for manning 24/7 but with full security and digital control. The security team can access the camera technology to monitor reception areas.
4. Efficient background operation
Your security team can not only manage the visitor entry management system themselves, but the security visitor management system’s integration enables you to:
- Access the camera technology to monitor reception areas.
- Change the policies themselves.
- Visitor monitoring in real-time.
- Customise digital workflows themselves.
- Monitor visitor records/visitor details
All whilst ensuring that you remain in control of every policy:
- If it’s a self-health certification
- If it’s Visual ID
- If it’s employees from different countries who require different language options
- You can literally adapt your visitor access control system for any eventuality persona, type, language and rest assured that the system manages it.
So your visitor communities or personas/types can be managed differently and in a uniform manner. Your Security Team can manage the security even tighter, without being oppressive or intrusive.These are the visitor access control systems that can be fully integrated with your visitor management system.
6. Impress your stakeholders
We consult with you to design the journeys that you desire to wow your visitors. Stakeholders in your organisation are going to welcome the flexibility of the system: its integration with your Office Access Control Systems.
Design your visitor management with efficient office access control functionality, bringing your workplace efficiency and building security to the next level!
- Marketing will appreciate that even the invites are “on brand”.
- Legal will thank you that every health and safety box can be ticked and audited.
- The security team will benefit from the visitor monitoring system and “visitor blacklist checks” to ensure the building’s security
- The security team will welcome the integration with the existing office access control system, or add to their access barrier control to monitor visitor entry. They will actively endorse it when they see the control you can design into the system for contractors, visitors, VIP all capable of different journeys.
- Human Resources battling with employee return to the office and adding value to the workplace will thank you for the risk of contamination you just removed. However, you just handed them a visible workplace upgrade to “A Safer Workplace” that delivers a great message for them to transmit.
- Human Resources will also thank you for not turning the workplace into a hazard area with tape, screens and signs everywhere, reminiscent of a biohazard lab!
- Finance will be delighted with the cost reduction and return on investment.
- Employees will be delighted that their customers now get a reliable repeatable great 1st impression.